Mine water inventory reduction for the future
Applications: tailing ponds and mine water inventory reduction
Mine sites use a lot of water and create a lot of wastewater. Typically, the wastewater accumulates in tailings ponds and other storage facilities. Depending on the site, the current solution is usually to build larger containment systems.
This is not sustainable moving forward. Each pond is different and has its own areas of concern, which can still be an environmental liability well beyond the life of the mine.
Durpro has the water and wastewater expertise to support you in reducing your tailings and water inventory. Durpro’s custom-built membrane-based treatment systems meet the demands of harsh operating conditions (acid, high metals loading, etc.).
Durpro can also help with the recovery of precious metals from tailings, generating an ROI on what would otherwise be a pure expense. Our disciplined team of process specialists will assist you step by step from feasibility study to full-scale operation.
Durpro can provide the following services:
- Needs assessment and analysis of viable solutions
- Piloting of different technologies and applications
- Design of solution
- Supply of tailing pond solution
- Technical support for request of authorization certificate for releases to the environment
- Technical support and maintenance throughout the lifetime of the system
Technologies that potentially could be used:
- Coagulation and flocculation
- Membrane filtration
- Polishing treatment for water release into environment